Here we explore PHP, what it can do, how we can use it, popular topics, new features, widely used frameworks, powerful libraries, and more. Join us in our adventure!
We welcome enthusiasts both local and international to our monthly meetup. Please adjust your clocks for mountain time!
The next meeting will run on .
- 2022-06-09 06:00:00 PM
- Our second PHP meeting; let's get dangerous!
- Image Manipulation (PHP Graphics Draw) (Warren Uhrich)
Please check the table below for the time in your area.
|Timezone||Next Meeting||Current Time|
|Pacific||2022-06-09 05:00 PM||2022-05-29 01:39 AM|
|Mountain (no DS)||2022-06-09 05:00 PM||2022-05-29 01:39 AM|
|Mountain||2022-06-09 06:00 PM||2022-05-29 02:39 AM|
|Central (no DS)||2022-06-09 06:00 PM||2022-05-29 02:39 AM|
|Central||2022-06-09 07:00 PM||2022-05-29 03:39 AM|
|Eastern (no DS)||2022-06-09 07:00 PM||2022-05-29 03:39 AM|
|Eastern||2022-06-09 08:00 PM||2022-05-29 04:39 AM|
|Atlantic (no DS)||2022-06-09 08:00 PM||2022-05-29 04:39 AM|
|Atlantic||2022-06-09 09:00 PM||2022-05-29 05:39 AM|
|Newfoundland||2022-06-09 09:30 PM||2022-05-29 06:09 AM|
Hoping to get started with PHP? Consider the following resources to learn more about the language and its features:
- PHP.net: The official website for PHP, featuring documentation, news, and everything in between.
- W3Schools PHP Tutorial: W3Schools offers easy-to-follow tutorials and examples that can be run right in the web page.
- Laracasts: The leading resource for PHP developers hoping to learn anything from the PHP basics to using PHP's most popular and effective MVC web application development framework Laravel.
- O'Reilly Programming PHP, 4th Edition: A book that walks through the essentials for programming and web development with the PHP language, written by experts in the field.
A big thank you to the following for making this world wide web site possible:
- Rasmus Lerdorf, the Danish-Canadian father of the PHP language; as well as the current team responsible for its development and maintenance: PHP Group.
- Graham Meade (GemFonts / Typotheticals) for designing the Treasure Map Deadhand typeface.
- Alexei Vanyashin and Olga Karpushina for designing the Lora typeface.
- While not officially offiliated we're big believers in the Dev Edmonton Society, so please check them out!
- PHPirates and PHPrivateers like you that have climbed aboard to support the adventure!